Monday, January 3, 2011

1940 San Francisco Seals


1940 San Francisco Seals

The Seals were charter member of the famed Pacific Coast League in 1903.  The Seals played in Seals Stadium from 1931 until 1957 when they moved to Phoenix to make room for the Giants. The Giants used Seals Stadium in 1958 and 1959 and then moved into the new Candlestick Park in 1960.

The most famous Seal was Joe DiMaggio who once had a 61 game hitting streak while playing for the Seals.

 


Great Book about the PCL:
The Pacific Coast League, 1903-1988

Another about the Seals:

3 comments:

  1. What do you think of American Needle vintage caps? thanks John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own any so I don't really know. I have some Roman Pro vintage caps. Most of the new "vintage" caps are just modern caps with an old logo put on it. Are the American Needle any good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't own one but I am thinking of getting one. New Era caps with vintage team logos don't work for me either. I had some Roman caps along time ago, wish I still had them.

    ReplyDelete