Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Guest Cap Week #2 - Ebbets Field Flannels


1915 Chicago Whales




Not a replica of 1915 cap but rather a cap of the team's logo.  Ebbets Field Flannels does a great job with all their Federal League items. The Federal League was the last legitimate attempt to establish a third major league.  

The Whales played in Weegham Park in 1914 and 1915, the 2 years the Federal League existed.  Weegham Park was renamed Wrigley Field  when the Chicago Cubs moved in for the 1916 season.

The 1915 Whales won the league championship by percentage points over the St. Louis Terriers. 


1915 Chicago Whales Jersey (R)
by Ebbets Field Flannels

2 comments:

  1. Do you machine wash your jersey or dry clean? Like the fact you are doing Ebbets stuff here as well. Not sure bout short bill caps. I guess I will have to buy one to try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All but one of my Ebbets jerseys says dry clean only, so that is what I do. The one that has machine wash instructions I have washed and it came out fine. The cap above isn't a short bill as it's a logo cap and not a replica of the 1915 cap. I have a few short bills but don't wear them very often.

    ReplyDelete